School Registration and Residency
School Registration and Residency Office:
Town Hall Building
50 South Main Street
West Hartford, CT 06107
Phone: 860 561-6620
Fax: 860 561- 6928
Residency & Security Coordinator
School registrations are processed online.
PLEASE NOTE: The two part online registration process must be completed first before your proof of residency documents may be submitted to the Residency Office.
Proof of residency may be uploaded into your parent portal on Powerschool, emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax 860-561-6928.
Registrations will require all of the following:
1) For proof of residency:
- If you own we will need one of the following: mortgage statement, real estate tax statement, homeowners insurance policy, or deed(if you just closed- closing disclosure.
- If you rent we will need the following: current lease agreement with signatures containing Landlord or Property Management contact information(if lease is expired-you will need a new lease or Property Management letter on their letterhead verifying occupancy.
2) Utility statement showing service address (no older than 30 days- mail in coupon portion of the bill is not acceptable) If you have not received a utility bill yet, you may call CNG at 860-524-8361 or Eversource at 800-286-2000 and request them to email a Confirmation of Service for you to use in lieu of a statement. (we accept gas, light, water, oil, cable, or internet)
3) To verify proof of age for student:
We will accept any one of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Physician’s certificate verifying a student’s age
- Parent’s sworn affidavit as to student’s age
- Student’s driver’s license or State issued identification
4) Guardian/Parent’s valid photo identification (ID)
5) If there is a parenting plan/custodial agreement/Guardian Decree - please provide a copy
**If you do not rent or own but are living with a West Hartford Resident, please contact us by email or phone to give you the specific required list of documents needed**
WHPS will provide school accommodations to children who are homeless within the meaning of the Federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. If a parent/guardian or unaccompanied child believes they may fall under this act, please contact our Homeless Liaison Eric Dency at email@example.com or 860-561-6620 for confidential help.
*** Please note the Residency Office may require other documentation***
The Health/Immunization records will go directly to the school your child will be attending.
If you have any questions, please call 860-561-6620.
Office visits are by appointment only!
In addition, to begin school, you will need to provide your school with health information, including current physical and immunization records. This needs to be supplied on the State of CT Health Assessment Record form.
Which schools will my child/children attend?
This interactive GIS Mapping System is for informational purposes only.
1. Property Quick Search: From the upper right of the map, you can perform a quick search of an address.
2. Click to select a property on the map and additional information will display, including middle, and high school districts. Zoom out to see the elementary school districts as a color overlay on the map. Scroll down the information on the left side to view the High, Middle, and Elementary School District.
Contact the Residency office to confirm which district your street belongs to: 860 561-6620