Pre-Kindergarten Lottery Application Information
Apply Now! Applications are due by March 5, 2021 at 4:00pm.
The lottery application for the 2021-2022 school year is available on this web page January 7, 2021. Here are some general eligibility guidelines:
- Your child must be turning 3 years or 4 years old prior to January 1, 2022 (born in 2018 or 2017 respectively) to apply for Charter Oak International Academy.
- Your child must be turning 4 years old prior to January 1, 2022 (born in 2017) to apply for Smith STEM or Webster Hill Elementary.
- These pre-kindergarten programs are open only to children who live in West Hartford. Smith STEM and Charter Oak International Academy pre-kindergarten programs are open to children who reside anywhere in West Hartford. The pre-kindergarten program at Webster Hill Elementary is only open to children who live in the Webster Hill neighborhood.
- Families applying for pre-kindergarten may select one magnet school on their application, either Charter Oak or Smith. Families residing in the Webster Hill neighborhood may apply to Webster Hill and one magnet school.
- Magnet and Pre-Kindergarten Application Process Begins: January 7, 2021
- Flyer in school newsletter: Monthly for January, February, and March
- Parent Information Meeting at Webster Hill: February 3, 2021 at 6:00 PM
- Parent Information virtual meeting at Smith STEM School: February 18, 2021 at 6:30 PM.
- Parent Information virtual meeting at Charter Oak International Academy: February 11, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- Magnet Application due: March 5, 2021 by 4:00pm
- Magnet Lottery Results sent to parents: March 19, 2021
- Parent responses to acceptances due: March 26, 2021
- First look at waiting list: Late June
- Final look at waiting list: Mid-August
Enrollment packets are now all electronic. Accepted families will receive a link providing all required forms and information to successfully enroll their child. For questions regarding registration please contact our residency office at email@example.com.
If you wish to apply for the sliding scale for tuition please fill out the income verification form and return to, Barbara Rua, Business Office, Room 418, 50 South Main Street or email Barbara_Rua@whps.org. Please be prepared to provide copies of proof of income.
ALL children entering pre-kindergarten must have completed current health forms to attend school. This form can be found in the electronic enrollment packet. Completed forms should be returned to the school nurse.