Pre-Kindergarten Lottery Application Information
The lottery application for the 2020-2021 school year is available on this web page January 9, 2020. Here are some general eligibility guidelines:
- Your child must be turning 3 years or 4 years old prior to January 1, 2021 (born in 2017 or 2016 respectively) to apply for Charter Oak International Academy.
- Your child must be turning 4 years old prior to January 1, 2021 (born in 2016) to apply for Smith STEM or Webster Hill Elementary.
- Parents/guardians offered spots in the first round must commit by establishing residency by March 27, 2020 and provide a $50.00 deposit, after which we will take students off the waiting list to fill any vacancies that occur.
- These pre-kindergarten programs are open only to children who live in West Hartford. Smith STEM and Charter Oak International Academy pre-kindergarten programs are open to children who reside anywhere in West Hartford. The pre-kindergarten program at Webster Hill Elementary is only open to children who live in the Webster Hill neighborhood.
- Families applying for pre-kindergarten may select one magnet school on their application, either Charter Oak or Smith. Families residing in the Webster Hill neighborhood may apply to Webster Hill and one magnet school.
- PreKindergarten Application Process Begins: January 9, 2020
- Parent Information Meeting at Webster Hill: January 16, 2020 at 6:00 PM
- Parent Information Meeting at Smith STEM School: February 13, 2020 at 6:30 PM (snow date: February 20, 2020 6:30 PM)
- Parent Information Meetings at Charter Oak International Academy: January 23, 2020 at 6:30 PM (snow date: February 6, 2020 6:00 PM)
- PreKindergarten Applications Due: March 6, 2020 at 4:00 PM
- PreKindergarten Lottery Results sent to parents: March 20, 2020
- Parent/guardian must accept a spot by establishing residency: March 27, 2020. The Residency Office is located in Room 162, West Hartford Town Hall, 50 South Main Street.
Enrollment packets will be provided to accepted families in the Residency Office upon registration.
If you wish to apply for the sliding scale for tuition please fill out the income verification form and return to, Barbara Rua, Business Office, Room 418, 50 South Main Street or call 860-561-6685. Please be prepared to provide copies of proof of income.
Children offered seats from the first round of the lottery will be invited to participate in a brief visit to their school in the spring of 2020. This visit provides families time to turn in enrollment paperwork to their prospective school and allows teachers to get to know your child before they start the following September.
ALL children entering pre-kindergarten must have completed current health forms to attend school. This form can be found in your enrollment packet, mailed March 21, 2019 to the families of accepted students.