Specifics on our plan are outlined here.
Remote Learning Experience
WHPS welcomes students and families opting for remote instruction to the Remote Learning Experience (RLE), with program information here.
Reopening Schools Blueprint
As an educational institution, we believe that the education of our youth is the legacy that we give back to our future community.
These health protocols, as related to COVID-19, incorporate recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the State of Connecticut, the West Hartford-Bloomfield Health District, and the WHPS Health and Safety Committee for Reopening 2020.
Health and Safety Videos
Whether students are learning in a physical school building or remotely at home, these short videos provide information about handwashing, physical distancing, riding the bus and plans for a safe, positive and healthy community climate.
Face Mask Guidance
The consistent wearing of face coverings by all students and staff will be perhaps the most important strategy to limit the opportunity for the spread of COVID-19 in the school population.
Communications sent to WHPS families from Superintendent Tom Moore regarding Covid-19 since February 2019.
Free Breakfast & Lunch
Free breakfast and lunch has been approved for all students of WHPS.
Technology FAQs & Digital Citizenship
These resources aim to help provide age and educationally appropriate guidelines to maximize instruction while helping troubleshoot technology challenges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pupil Services COVID Resources
Click to view resources that are available to help you.
Student and Staff COVID-19 Tracking
Based on guidance from both the Department of Public Health (DPH) and the West Hartford/Bloomfield Health District, any West Hartford Public School staff member or student who is confirmed positive for the COVID-19 virus will be isolated at home. As outlined in our plan and health protocols, we will notify parents and staff when there is a positive case and work with the Health District on contact tracing. Anyone who is a close contact (defined by DPH as spending at least 15 minutes within 6 feet of a person with a confirmed diagnosis during their infectious period) will be notified that they need to quarantine for 14 days to avoid potential spread.
About the data:
- Students and staff who are a part of our Remote Learning Experience will not be included on the dashboard unless they are physically participating in an activity at the school.
- These numbers include any student or staff who we have been informed are under quarantine, regardless of if their exposure was at a West Hartford school. For privacy concerns, the student and staff numbers are combined.
- Cases are removed when the individual is cleared to return to school or work.
- This data will be updated daily (Monday - Friday) at 12:00pm.
- The Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) and the Department of Public Health (DPH) have published an updated version of Addendum 4 to Adapt, Advance, Achieve: Connecticut’s Plan to Learn and Grow Together – Updated Guidance for Decision-Making Regarding the Use of In-Person, Hybrid (Blended), or Remote Learning Models. This updated Addendum expands public health metrics to support local decision-making with regards to school operations.
- Positive case notifications