Mission Statement & Beliefs
Sedgwick Middle School Mission Statement
The mission of the West Hartford Middle Schools is to inspire and prepare all students to realize their potential and enhance our global community.
At Sedgwick Middle School, we have a focused vision for the success of our students. We hold a vision that our students will leave middle school with essential knowledge and 21st century skills to be competent and feel confident in high school as a precursor to successful post-secondary outcomes. It is equally important for our students have a positive elementary to middle school transition and to feel safe and connected throughout their middle school years.
Sedgwick’s vision for student success is grounded in the following set of beliefs:
- All students can learn.
- Quality education is a fundamental right and must be accessible to everyone.
- Every individual must be treated with respect and dignity.
- Education is a shared responsibility and cooperative effort between home, school and community.
- Rigorous performance standards
- High expectations
- A developmentally responsive and nurturing learning community
- Enriching opportunities and authentic experiences
- A wide range of support services and programs