Child Nutrition Civil Rights Complaint Procedures
West Hartford Public Schools provides Child Nutrition Program benefits to all eligible individuals without discrimination in accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies. The USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
If you feel in any way that your child has been discriminated against while participating in the Child Nutrition Program, including during the serving of meals to him/her, please follow these procedures in voicing your complaint.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination:
- Complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at
www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call 866-632-9992 to request the form, or write a letter containing all of the information requested in the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form.
- Send your completed complaint form or letter to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights by:
- Mail to 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410.
- Fax to 202-690-7442
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring or mail your form to the Nutrition Services Office, West Hartford Town Hall, 50 South Main Street, Room 416, West Hartford, CT 06107. All written complaints will be accepted by the school district and forwarded to USDA.
Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339, or 800-845-6136 (Spanish).