Directed Individual Study (DIS)
- DIS is to be used as an option ONLY for students with plans for study not available in any course offering. There is a limit of one DIS per student per semester. No DIS will be used to meet graduation requirements during spring semester of senior year.
- DIS contract forms may be obtained from the School Counseling Office. All DIS contract forms must be submitted and approved BEFORE the end of the drop period. A DIS cannot be initiated after this 10-day period.
- The DIS contract form is to be signed by the student, supervising teacher, school counselor, parent, department supervisor, and assistant principal. No DIS will be approved unless all portions of the form are completed and all necessary signatures secured.
- Teacher participation in DIS is voluntary. A teacher can only supervise one DIS per semester.
- Specific, mutually agreed upon criteria for evaluation of the student's achievement must be a part of the DIS contract. All DIS contracts will be graded on a PASS/FAIL basis.
- A DIS should be in addition to the required minimum of 5 classes plus P.E. per year, unless otherwise approved by administration.