Course Selection Guidelines
- Read the course descriptions of subjects you are eligible to take.
- Refer to the “Planning Worksheet”. This will help you assess your current status and develop your plans for the future.
- 21.75 credits are required for graduation (see graduation requirements).
- In a four year program, a minimum of 5.5 credits is mandatory; however, we encourage students to take six courses each semester plus physical education and lunch. For college-bound students, four of the five subjects should be college preparatory subjects.
- Consultation with teachers and school counselors is necessary prior to finalizing course selections.
- Students will not be permitted to forego lunch to take an additional class without administrative approval. Parents must make this request in writing and provide a clear rationale.
- Classes may be cancelled by administration. Reasons include low enrollment, as well as staffing and space constraints.