Plants/Amphibians and Reptiles
- Recognize that organisms change in form and behavior as part of their life cycles.
- Describe the changes in reptiles and amphibians as they grow and change and/or undergo metamorphosis.
- Describe the life cycles of plants to include seed germination, growth, flowering, pollination and seed dispersal.
- Explore and describe the effects of light and water on seed germination and plant growth.
- Describe the different structures plants have for obtaining water and sunlight.
Earth Materials and Their Uses
- Observe the varied physical properties of earth materials that make them useful in different ways.
- Describe different soils by their color, particle size and capacity to hold water.
- Observe that soils support the growth of many kinds of plants, including those in our food supply.
- Relate the properties of soils to their capacity to support the growth of certain plants.
- Demonstrate a thoughtful and coordinated attempt to search out, describe, explain and predict natural phenomena.
- Participate in speaking, listening, presenting, interpreting, reading and writing about science.
- Understand that mathematics provides useful tools for the description, analysis and presentation of scientific data and ideas.