Government and Civics
- Develop a sense of own relationship with family and community with an emphasis on West Hartford, Connecticut.
- Develop decision-making, problem-solving and interpersonal skills though collaborative groupings
- Explore, understand and appreciate the cultural similarities and differences between one's own culture and other cultures.
- Use a map and a grid to explain direction
- Identify continents, countries of North America, the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and the northern and southern hemispheres.
- Identify and define: mountains, hills, rivers, plains, lakes and forests
- Develop a sense of personal history.
- Develop a sense of U.S. history by studying the lives of famous Americans and national holidays.
- Apply terms related to time (e.g., decades, centuries, generations) and understand concept of a timeline
Recognition of Religious Holidays
- Birth of Buddah (Vesak), Obon-e (Buddhist)