This is a unique opporunity since students from Conard and Hall high schools, will be hosted by students attending our sister school in Rennes, the Lycee de la Salle, from May 20th through the 29th, 2016.
May 20 - 29, 2016 (***Students will be required to fill out a Final Exams Preparations Plan, with the assistance of of all subject teachers, by April 1st***)
To download flyer with highlights and itinerary click here.
- The round trip is through Hartford's Bradley Airport.
- During our stay in Rennes, students will attend Lycee de la Salle.
- We will have two day trips away from Rennes...with the French host students traveling with us:
- Day trip 1 = Bus trip to Saint Malo, Manoir de Jacques Cartier, guided visit aboard the wooden sailing ship L'Etoile du roy, and then a full guided tour of Mont Saint Michel.
- Day trip 2 = Bus trip to Bayeux to see La Tapisserie de Bayeux, then to the medieval city of Caen, a tour its gothic Cathedral, then a guided visit to Chateau de Falaise (the castle of William the Conqueror).
- 4 During the school days, our students will have an intensive French class provided by Lycee de la Salle. Students will also have time to work on any assignments that their current courses may require.
- There will be an afternoon workshop one day with the participation of the French host students.
- One afternoon we will tour the historic part of the city of Rennes.
- The trip price has been calculated at $2500 per student, which includes all the above mentioned travel & activities.
- Down payment for participating is $150 (check made payable to Conard High School). The down payment can be handed in directly to student's French teacher. Subsequent payments can be made in installments, with the full balance due by April 8, 2016.
- Students will stay with the family of their original French host student...or another French student, if requested specially.
- By February 19th - Registrations and downpayment ($150) through Mr. John Hegarty
- By April 1 - Students fill out a Final Exams Preparation Plan with their teachers to ensure final exams success upon trip return
- April 8th - Payment Due
- On April 27 - Parent Meeting ***Students' guardians/parents are expected to submit the Student Travel Form (provided in our International Trips portal) and a scanned copy of their passports (picture page), prior to this meeting*** Form and scanned passport copy should be emailed to Mr. John Hegarty in March.