November 20, 2015
- Drilliig for the geothermal wells has been completed and the field system has been tied in an underground vault.
- Underground storm water system on the east side system was completed.
- Steel erection and detailing was completed.
- Underground mechanicals for area area "B" (classrooms and media center) and "C" (FRC, Pre-K and Kindergarten) have been completed. Area "D" (Auditorium, Instumental Music, World Language) are just about complete.
- Exterior wall framing and sheathing is just about complete.
- Exterior masonry brick work began in area A and on the interior courtyard.
- Layouts and framing for interior spaces began in Areas "A" and "B".
- Topsoil was screened and relocated on the site.
- Generator pad installed and generator arrived this week on site.
- Preparation of window and curtain wall frames for installation has begun.
- Install base material in preparation of paving for the pre-K drop-off and parking area on the east side of the site.
- Installation of internal electrical and plumbing systems has been started.
- Underground mechanicals in Area "D" will be completed and the last slab on grade concrete pour is expected early next week in this area.
- Paving of the base coarse for the pre-K drop-off and parking area is scheduled for this Saturday, November 21st.
- Topsoil that was removed from the site in the spring and stored at DPW will be screened and returned to the site.
- Installation of the roofing system is scheduled to start on Monday Nov. 23rd and will take approximately 4 weeks to complete.
- Continue to prepare window and curtain wall frames and begin the installation.
- Exterior masonry brick work will continue.
IMPORTANT: On Monday, November 23rd, from 9:00 AM - 2:45 PM, a telecommunications conduit will be installed from the north side of Sidney Avenue onto the site. Please see the map for specific location information. Sidney Avenue will be closed to through traffic during this time period but will be open for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up.