How do I use my personally owned device to get to the internet in school?
whps_wifi is the BYOD network intended for both staff and student personally owned devices, as well as any visitors. In order to access this network, users will be automatically redirected to a welcome webpage where they must either enter their WHPS credentials or register as a guest.
In either case, users are presented with our Acceptable Use Guidelines and must click to acknowledge them before proceeding.
Once a device is registered, it will be "remembered" by the system for a period of one school year before they are prompted with the registration page again.
The procedure below will walk you through the steps:
- Bring a device with wifi capability into your school building
- Your device will detect the wifi network whps_wifi
- Connecting to the whps_wifi network requires no password.
- After successfully connecting to whps_wifi you must launch a fresh web browser session (Internet Explorer, etc.) and attempt to browse the web.
- You will be automatically redirected to our welcome webpage pictured below. Click to connect.
- On the subsequent screen, staff or students should enter their WHPS network login credentials (i.e. the username and password you use to login to the computer). If you are a visitor and do not have a username or password, click "register as guest".
- You will be required to read and acknowledge our guidelines for acceptable use. After this step you should be online and able to browse the web. If you reach a webpage that is blocked by the filter you may enter your WHPS credentials on that screen as well.
Once you register your personal device you should not have to register it again for a period of one school year. Please remember to adhere to all acceptable use policies and district rules when using our new wireless resource.
- If you have trouble reaching the welcome webpage, please clear the cache/history of your browser and try again.