Fourth Grade Teachers
Mrs. Pauluk, Mr. Lewis, Mrs. Scutari, Mrs. Levanti
Click Here for the Curriculum Night PowerPoint
Welcome to 4th Grade!
Fourth graders begin to apply the skills they have learned in the primary grades in isolation. For instance they use their reading and writing skills to do research based projects such as PowerPoints, research papers, and other creative presentations. Fourth grade students make the switch from "learning to read" to "reading to learn."
In fourth grade, students are expected to do between 30-45 minutes of homework each school night. This will consist of one math assignment, as well as practicing math facts, and studying spelling words. Students are also expected to read at least 20 minutes every night. Homework will be used as a reinforcement of the skills taught in school. Students should complete the homework assignment independently. Fourth graders are working towards building good study habits.
- Mornings – Do not arrive before 8:20, after 8:40 students are tardy
- Recess – 11:30-12:00 – wear appropriate clothing
- Lunch – 12:00-12:30
- Check in at office if tardy or coming in after school.
- After school – Notes for change in standard plan.
Parent Support In 4th Grade
- Help with class events
- Chaperone field trips
- Connecticut Historical Society - This is Connecticut Program
- Mark Twain House
- Tour of the Capitol Building
- EcoVenture field trips - 3 throughout the year
Numbers in Base Ten
Measurement & Data
Rocks & Minerals
Government and Civics