GREAT by 8:
A Community Partnership
The Partnership received a two year community planning
grant to formulate a blueprint that addresses the needs of families with young
children within West Hartford. The plan will be complete by December 2012.
The planning is focused on the following goals developed by the Partnership:
All West Hartford children, ages birth through age eight, will be:
Over the past 15 months, The Partnership has:
- Physically and Emotionally Healthy
- Eager and Ready to Learn
- Active and Valued Participants in West Hartford’s Diverse Community Programs and Events
- Held 15 focus groups with families, pediatricians, community groups, grandparents, teens and others
- Done an analysis of available data about families with young children, such as prenatal care, childhood obesity, DCF reports, medical home.
- Appointed a Board of Directors as a part of developing a governance structure and by laws to guide our work.
- Published a guide to early childhood education options for families.
- Co-Sponsored a Transition to Kindergarten Meeting for incoming kindergarten families.
- Held a Community Conversation on Race together information.
- Two other community groups formed out of this conversation.
We want to hear from you about the strengths and opportunities for growth for families with young children in West Hartford.
To get involved, participate in a focus group, host a focus group, or just learn more contact Beth Bye at or email@example.com.
The West Hartford Discovery Project is an early childhood initiative funded by the William Caspar Graustein Memorial Fund. We collaborate with early childhood providers in the public and private settings to better understand the needs of professionals and families.
Please let your friends know about us, and we welcome comments on how this website could be a better resource for you.